TWIA is back for its 11th year and we can’t wait to get things going.
Here’s all the news on some changes we’ve made since last year:
ENTRY AND VOTING CLOSING DATES
- After changeing the Awards timetable last year to allow for more time to enter and get your votes in after weddings started up again in July, we have decided to return to our usual timetable this year.
- Entries will close at 5pm on Monday 3rd October 2022
- Voting will close at 5pm on Monday 10th October 2022
- This means that we will be hosting our Regional Awards Events in November 2022 as we always have done (except for last year!). We shall confirm the dates and venues very soon but the provisional dates are as follows:
- Yorkshire & North East – Monday 7th November 2022
- North West – Tuesday 8th November 2022
- West Midlands – Monday 14th November 2022
- East Midlands – Tuesday 15th November 2022
- East of England – Wednesday 16th November 2022
- South West – Monday 21st November 2022
- South Central – Tuesday 22nd November 2022
- South East – Wednesday 23rd November 2022
- Our National Awards Event will then take place in London on Wednesday 25th January 2023. The venue will be confirmed asap.
In TWIA 2020 and 2021 we provided each entrant with both Voter Feedback and Judging Feedback. Last year we did not provide Judging Feedback and we will not be providing Judging Feedback in TWIA 2023 either. We stopped providing Judging Feedback becasue of several very unpleasant and unfortunate situations where several judges were trolled online by disgruntled entrants who were unhappy with their judging feedback, even though all judging feedback was given anonymously. I’m sure you’ll appreciate that we cannot have a situation where our amazing volunteer judges are trolled online for any reason so we decided to remove the provision of Judging Feedback. We are looking at ways in which we can provide this in the future but it isn’t as easy as it sounds. We shall, as ever, keep everyone posted though.
If you have any queries about any aspect of TWIA, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.