ENTER the awards if you are a Wedding supplier based in England. Entries for TWIA 2015 close at 5pm on Friday 17th October 2014.
VOTE for the suppliers that have entered the Awards that you used for your wedding if your wedding was/is between 01.11.13 and 24.10.14 (NOTE: one vote per couple and after the wedding has taken place). Voting for TWIA 2015 closes at 5pm on Friday 24th October 2014.
NOMINATE any suppliers who have not yet entered the Awards. Anyone can nominate any wedding supplier. We will then contact them and invite them to enter the Awards. Nomination is simply a means of telling us about great wedding suppliers who have not yet entered the Awards. Nomination is not the same as voting. You don't have to nominated before you enter the Awards.
SEARCH for the best suppliers for your wedding both regionally and nationwide.
- Wedding suppliers enter the awards in one of 27 categories and 7 regions.
- Each entrants then creates a profile that is visible in the 'Find a Supplier' section of the web site.
- Entrants then ask their clients to vote for them. Only eligible clients can vote for suppliers they used for their weddings. Our judging process allows wedding suppliers of all shapes and sizes to compete on a level playing field. It is NOT just about how many votes you can get.
- Entries and voting close towards the end of October 2014.
- Regional shortlists drawn up using voter data and judging panel input at the end of October.
- Regional events in November to announce the regional winners.
- Regional winners go through to the national final.
- National winners announced at awards event on London in Jan 2015.
- Entrants are wedding suppliers across 27 different categories in 7 geographical regions of England. For example Photographers, Florists etc. in the North West or East Midlands etc.
- Suppliers may enter more than one category where relevant (eg: Hair AND Make-up). Suppliers may not enter the same category in multiple regions (eg: Photographer in South West AND South East. The region in which you enter is determined by where your business is based (ie: your trading address).
- Suppliers enter the Awards by completing the online entry form.
- There is a £50 + VAT entry fee for each individual entry. Why is there an entry fee?
- All entrants are also automatically entered into the 'Best Wedding Industry Web Site' category, free of charge.
- All eligible entrants (who started their wedding businesses between 01.11.13 and 17.10.14) are automatically entered into the 'Best Newcomer' category, free of charge.
- All entrants then create their own company profile adding photos and video clips. Some of the profile is visible in the 'Find a Supplier' section of the web site, all of it is visible to the judging panel at the appropriate time. Profile info can be changed at any time before entries close on October 17th.
- All entrants will have their company profile listed in the 'Find a Supplier' and 'Vote' sections of the Awards web site.
- Entrants then invite their wedding clients who got married between 01.11.13 and 24.10.14 to vote for them on the Awards website. Couples can only vote after their wedding has taken place and only an entrant's eligible wedding clients may vote.
- One vote per couple.
- Anyone can nominate any wedding suppliers who have not yet entered the awards. These suppliers will then be contacted and invited to enter. Nomination is simply a means of letting us know about great wedding suppliers who have not yet entered the Awards. Nominating someone is not the same as voting for them or entering them into the competition. You don't have to be nominated before you enter the Awards.
- Voters may only vote for entrants that they used for their own weddings. Voters score the entrant out of 10 in 7 criteria giving a mark out of 70.
- TWIA is not simply about the total number of votes gained by each entrant. In order to create a level playing field we use each entrant's average voter score (Total score divided by total number of voters = average score out of 70) throughout the judging process. This enables wedding suppliers of all shapes and sizes to compete on a level playing field. Click here for more info on this.
- Voters may vote for as many of their suppliers who have entered the awards as they want but they can only vote once for each supplier. If your suppliers haven't entered the awards then you can nominate them.
- Entries will close at 5pm on 17.10.14.
- Voting will close at 5pm on 24.10.14.
- NEW! The regional shortlists are then created using the average voter scores of each entrant AND judging panel input to ensure that each entrant is looked at by the panel during the competition. This is new this year so please click HERE for more details on this.
- The judging panel will then decide upon one regional winner for each category. Regional shortlists will be announced on the Awards web site at the beginning of November 2013. Sign-up to receive immediate notification of all shortlists and winners.
- NEW! The regional winners will be announced and presented at a series of awards events (one in each region) during mid to late November 2014. Tickets to these events will be available as soon as the regiuonal shortlists have been announced. Sign-up to receive immediate notification of the regional shortlists and tickets for the regional events.
- Each of the regional winners in each category will automatically become national finalists and announced as such on the Awards web site.
- All national finalists (regional winners) will then be examined by the judging panel and a national winner selected for each category. Each national finalist (regional winner) will be interviewed and/or visited by a member of the judging panel as part of the national awards judging process.
- The national winners in each category will be announced live at the Awards event in London in January, 2014. Details to be confirmed very soon!