The Wedding Industry Awards
The Information We Collect
We collect personal information about you when you give this to us in the course of registering for and/or using our Website, for example, when you vote for an Entrant, subscribe to receive our newsletter. When you use our Website, we may also store information about how you use our Website, for example, entering a / your business into the awards, voting for Entrants, nominating a wedding supplier(s), subscribing to receive the newsletter, the pages viewed, the website from which you came to visit our Website, changes you make to information you supply to us.
We will periodically review your personal information to ensure that we do not keep it for longer than is permitted by law.
Purposes for which we use information about you
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to process your registration to enable you to access and use the Website; and/or
- to provide you with our newsletter or other communications; and/or
- to identify you and authenticate your use when you visit the Website; and/or
- to provide you with information about features of the Website which we think may be of interest to you; and/or
- to send you information about products and services which we think may be of interest to you; and/or
- to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer; and/or
- to notify you about changes to our service and/or the Website; and/or
- to personalise and improve aspects of our overall service to you and our other users, as well as carrying out research such as analysing market trends and customer demographics; and/or
- to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer the Website.
Passing on information about you
As part of using our Website you consent to us disclosing your personal information to the following parties:
- Third parties, including but not limited to companies whose products or services are included on our website with a view to providing you with information requested by you. When these companies use your data in this way, they will be acting as data controllers of your information and therefore you should view their privacy policies or contact them directly for further information. For further information about these third parties, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Some third parties with which we share your information may use it to carry out research such as analysis of market trends and customer demographics and to customise and develop the product/service which they offer to you or other individuals in the future.
- Regulatory/governing bodies for the purposes of compliance monitoring;
- Selected other third parties whose products, services or other offers we believe may interest you (see our section on Keeping you informed about offers and services below).
Where permitted by data protection and privacy law, we may also disclose information about you, or access your account:
- if required or permitted to do so by law; and/or
- if required to do so by any court, the Office of Fair Trading or any other applicable regulatory, compliance, Governmental or law enforcement agency; and/or
- if necessary in connection with legal proceedings or potential legal proceedings; and/or
- in connection with the sale or potential sale of all or part of our business or the company.
If we reasonably believe false or inaccurate information has been provided and fraud is suspected, details may be passed to fraud prevention agencies to prevent fraud and money laundering.
Keeping you informed of offers and services
You agree that we and other trusted third parties shall be entitled to advise you via e-mail, post, telephone or by text of products, services and other offers we think may interest you.
Whenever you provide us with personal information, we will give you an opportunity to tell us you do not consent to us and others using and sharing your information for marketing purposes. Unless you tell us otherwise, you are consenting to such uses.
Any electronic marketing communications we send you will include clear and concise instructions to follow should you wish to unsubscribe at any time.
Should you no longer wish to be contacted by us, you can advise us at any time by sending an email to email@example.com
You can also ask us at any time to stop passing your information to third parties for marketing purposes, which we will do. Such a request may result in us ceasing to offer the services to you.
If you no longer wish to be contacted by third parties for marketing purposes, please follow the instructions in their marketing communications, or consult their privacy policies for further information about unsubscribing.
Improving our Service to you
In order to ensure the services we provide you continue to meet your needs we may ask you for feedback on your experience of using the Website. Any feedback you provide will only be used as part of our programme of continuous improvement and will not be published on the Website.
Third parties and data privacy
A cookie is a very small text file placed on your computer. Cookies help us to keep track of the pages you and other visitors have been to on our Website and to tell us whether you have visited the Website previously in order to deliver a better service.
Transferring your information abroad
Information supplied by you to us will only be transferred outside the European Economic Area by us or our agents where this is necessary for the purpose of performing obligations to you, or when you have given your prior consent to such transfer.
You have a right to access information held about you and you can do this by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 which we are legally entitled to charge you to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. You can also request us to correct any factual inaccuracies in that information or delete any of that information from our records.
Your responsibility for the information you provide
You may complete a registration process as part of your use of this Website which may include the creation / provision by us of a username, password and/or other identification information. Any username, password and/or other identification information must be kept confidential by you and must not be disclosed to, or shared with, anyone. Where you do disclose to or share with anyone your username, password and/or other identification information, you are solely responsible for all activities undertaken on this Website using your username, password and/or other identification information.
You must check and ensure that all information, content, material or data you provide on this Website is correct, complete, accurate and not misleading and that you disclose all relevant facts.
Transferring your information abroad
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. Whilst we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information which you send to us, and you do so at your own risk. The section titled Your responsibility for the information you provide explains your obligation to keep secure any password which you create when registering
Last updated: June 2014