ENTER the awards if you are a Wedding Supplier based in England. Please note that entries for TWIA 2017 are now closed.
VOTE for the suppliers that enter TWIA 2017 that you used for your wedding if your wedding is between 24.10.15 and 23.10.16 (NOTE: one vote per couple and after the wedding has taken place).
NOMINATE any suppliers who have not yet entered the Awards. Anyone can nominate any wedding supplier. We will then contact them and invite them to enter the Awards. Nomination is simply a means of telling us about great wedding suppliers who have not yet entered the Awards. Nomination is not the same as voting. You don't have to be nominated in order to enter the Awards. Please note that nominations for TWIA 2017 are now closed.
SEARCH for the best suppliers for your wedding both regionally and nationwide.
- Wedding suppliers based in England enter the awards in one of 26 categories and 7 regions of England. Entry is simple, takes about 5 minutes and is done via this web site. Entries close on October 16th, 2016.
- Entrants then create a profile in our directory that is visible via the 'Find a Supplier' section of the web site.
- Entrants then ask their wedding clients to vote for them. Only eligible wedding clients can vote for the suppliers they used for their weddings. Our judging process allows wedding suppliers of all shapes and sizes to compete on a level playing field. It is NOT just about how many votes you can get. Voting closes on October 23rd, 2016
- REGIONAL AWARDS. Regional shortlists are drawn up using voter data and judging panel input at the end of October 2016. Regional shortlists are then announced online.
- 8 regional awards events will take place in November to announce the regional winner in each category.
- Regional winners go through to the national final.
- NATIONAL AWARDS. National winners are announced and presented at the national awards event in London in January, 2017.
- Entrants are wedding suppliers across 26 different categories in 7 geographical regions of England (North West, North East & Yorkshire, West Midlands, East Midlands, East of England, Soth West and London & South East). For example Photographers, Florists etc. in the North West, East Midlands etc. Entry is simple, takes about 5 minutes and is done via this web site. Entries close on October 16th, 2016.
- Suppliers may enter more than one category where relevant (eg: Hair AND Make-up), making separate accounts for each. Suppliers may not enter the same category in multiple regions (eg: Photographer in South West AND South East). The region in which you enter is determined by where your business is based (ie: your trading address).
- Suppliers enter the Awards by completing the online entry form.
- There is a £65 + VAT entry fee for each individual entry.
- All entrants will also be able to enter into the 'Best Wedding Industry Web Site' category, free of charge.
- All entrants who started their wedding businesses on or after 24.10.15 are automatically entered into the 'Best Newcomer' category, free of charge.
- All entrants then create their Judging Profile adding photos and video clips if they wish. This profile will then become visible to the judging panel once voting has closed and will be used throughout the judging process. This profile can be edited until voting closes on October 23rd, 2016.
- All entrants will also be able to create a Directory Profile on the TWIA Directory found in the 'Find a Supplier' section of the Awards web site. The basic listing is free but entrants may upgrade if they wish. This profile will be visible to tens of thousands of couples looking for the best suppliers for their weddings.
- Entrants then invite their wedding clients who got married between 24.10.15 and 23.10.16 to vote for them on the Awards website. Couples can only vote after their wedding has taken place and only an entrant's eligible wedding clients may vote. One vote per couple.
- Anyone can nominate any wedding suppliers who have not yet entered the awards. We will then contact all nominees by email inviting them to enter the awards. Nomination is simply a means of letting us know about great wedding suppliers who have not yet entered the Awards. Nominating someone is not the same as voting for them or entering them into the competition. Wedding suppliers don't have to be nominated in order to enter the Awards.
- Voters (wedding clients) may only vote for entrants that they used for their own weddings. Voters score the entrant out of 10 in 7 criteria giving a mark out of 70 and leave comments on the products and services received.
- TWIA is not simply about the total number of votes gained by each entrant. In order to create a level playing field we use each entrant's average voter score throughout the judging process (Total score divided by total number of voters = average score out of 70). This enables wedding suppliers of all shapes and sizes to compete on a level playing field. Click here for more info on this.
- Voters may vote for as many of their suppliers who have entered the awards as they want but they can only vote once for each supplier. If your suppliers haven't entered the awards then you can nominate them.
- Entries and nominations close at 5pm on 16.10.16.
- Voting will close at 5pm on 23.10.16.
- The regional shortlists are then created using the average voter scores of each entrant AND a limited number of judging panel 'wild cards'. Our process ensures that each entrant is examined by the panel during the competition. The regional shortlists will be announced on the Awards web site in the first couple of days in November 2016.
- The judging panel will then decide upon the regional winner for each category.
- The regional winners will be announced and presented at a series of 8 regional awards events (one in each region, two in London & South East region) in November 2016. Tickets to these events will go on sale as soon as the regional shortlists have been announced.
- Each of the regional winners in each category will automatically become national finalists and announced as such on the Awards web site.
- All national finalists (regional winners) will then be examined again by the judging panel and a national winner selected for each category.
- The national winners in each category will be announced and presented at the national awards event in London in January, 2017.