Terms and Conditions of
The Wedding Industry Awards
These are the terms and conditions upon which each Entry to The Wedding Industry Awards shall be subject. If The Wedding Industry Awards (“We”, “Us”, “Our”, or “the Awards”) accept an Entry (“You”, “Your” or “Entrant”), You will be bound by these terms and conditions and Your Entry shall be considered and judged in accordance with these terms. We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time and such changes shall be deemed notified to You by their publication online.
The following terms shall have the following meaning in these terms and conditions:
‘Category’ means each particular category of award as more particularly listed and detailed on the Website here www.the-wedding-industry-awards.co.uk/about-the-awards/awards-and-regions/
‘Region’ means each particular geographical region of England for the purposes of organising the Awards as more particularly listed on the Website here www.the-wedding-industry-awards.co.uk/about-the-awards/awards-and-regions/.
‘Closing Date’ –means 5pm on 24th October 2013 for Entries and 5pm on 31st October 2013 for Voting.
‘Entry’ means your entry into the Awards submitted to The Wedding Industry Awards via the Website.
‘Fee’, ‘Entry Fee’ , ‘Subscription’ means the relevant entry fee corresponding to the relevant Entry according to the relevant Category for which the Entry is made as set out on the Website.
‘Website’ or ‘the Site’ means The Wedding Industry Awards website accessible at www.the-wedding-industry-awards.co.uk
‘Entrants’, ‘Entrant’, ‘You’, ‘Your’ means a company/business registered in England that are suppliers to Weddings in England.
‘Voters’ means an Entrant’s wedding clients i.e. bride and groom or the equivalent parties in a civil partnership only and whose wedding has either taken place or is due to take place between 01.11.12 and 31.10.13.
The Wedding Industry Awards Selling Policy – Entries
The following Selling Policy (“The Wedding Industry Awards Selling Policy”) sets out the terms and conditions.
1. The Entrant shall pay for their entry/entries by submitting their payment details and authorisation to Us through one of the methods outlined in the entry section. We will collect the funds from the entrant. All Entry Fee’s paid are non-refundable under any circumstance.
2. Entries shall only be validated subject to the receipt of the requisite Entry Fee.
3. Entries received without completing the required entry process or fee will be deemed invalid and disqualified from the Awards.
General Terms and Conditions of Entry
1. Entries received from ineligible companies/businesses will be removed from the Awards without notice and shall not be entitled to a refund of the Entry Fee under any circumstance.
2. Entrants must enter one of the specified Awards Categories in one of the 7 geographical regions. An Entrant’s awards region shall be determined by the trading address of the Entrant. Entrants may enter several Categories in their region (eg: ‘Best Wedding Hair Stylist’ and ‘Best Wedding Make-Up Artist’ in the ‘North West’ region). Entrants may not enter one or more Categories in different regions. Entries must be received by the Closing Date.
3.1. If We at our sole discretion deem an Entrant to have not secured a high enough proportion of votes from their indicated eligible voters We reserve the right to not regionally shortlist the Entrant regardless of their average voter score. No entry fee refunds will be made in this instance.
3.2 If We at our sole discretion deem a Category to have an insufficient number of Entrants We reserve the right to remove the respective Category and the respective Entrants shall be offered the option of Entry into another Category (“Alternative Category”) at no additional cost to the Entrants, if the Entrants do not wish to enter the Alternative Category the Entrants will be entitled to a refund.
3.3 If We at our sole discretion deem there to be an insifficient number or regional finalists in any category or any regional finalist or finalists not to be of a suitable standard to win the regional award for their category then We reserve the right not award award a regional winner in that category.
4. If We in Our sole opinion believe that a Category cannot be supported in several regions We reserve the right to exclude the respective Category for a national award and the Entrants of the respective Category shall be offered the option of Entry into an Alternative Category at no additional cost to the Entrants, if the Entrants do not wish to enter the Alternative Category the Entrants will be entitled to a refund.
5. If an Entrant submits an entry into an incorrect category the Entrant must inform Us in writing (email allowed) immediately and re-enter in the correct Category/Categories. The Entry Fee for the incorrect entry will be non-refundable.
6. Voters shall be allocated one vote per couple and are eligible to vote for the Entrants they used for their wedding no later than the Closing Date, any votes received after the Closing Date shall not be counted.
7. It is the sole responsibility of the Entrant to ensure that only their eligible wedding clients vote for them. Erroneous votes/voting must be reported in writing (email allowed) to The Wedding Industry Awards immediately. Erroneous votes/voting may result in the instant removal of the Entrant from the Awards without notice or refund of the Entry Fee . Disqualification of an Entrant shall be at the sole discretion of The Wedding Industry Awards.
8. Voters may vote once for each of the Entrants used as a supplier for their wedding.
9. All Entrants agree to their entries being used for promotional purposes by The Wedding Industry Awards throughout all media channels.
10. Entrants shall be liable to pay for all bank charges and any transaction fees that may be incurred in the process of submitting payment for an Entry.
11. The Wedding Industry Awards reserves the right to amend any Entrant profile not deemed appropriate. The Entrant concerned will be notified within 24 hours of any such changes having been made.
12. The Wedding Industry Awards reserves the right to withdraw an Entry from the judging process at any time if the Entry is deemed inappropriate for any reason. The Wedding Industry Awards decision is final. No refunds will be made under any circumstances.
13. The following methodology will be used during the Awards process.
13.1 After the Closing Date, all Entrants with no votes will be automatically removed from the competition and their profiles removed from the Awards Website.
13.2 In the voting process, each voter gives a score between 1 and 10 in each of 7 category-specific criteria. This will give each entrant a total score out of 70 for each vote received. The average voter score for each entrant is then calculated. The average score for each category is then calculated. All entrants scoring below the average score for their category are eliminated from the competition. All entrants who remain in the competition after this process will be on the shortlist for their category in their region. The judging panel are not involved in creating the regional shortlists.
13.3 Regional shortlists will be announced on the Awards Website in early/mid November 2013.
13.4 The regional winners will be announced on the Awards Website at the end of November 2013 subsequent to the judging process.
13.5 Each of the 7 regional winners in each category will automatically become national finalists and announced as such on the Awards web site.
13.6 The national winner in each category will be announced and presented live at the Awards event in London in Jan 2013.
13.7 The Wedding Industry Awards reserves the right to change or amend this methodology at any time. All Entrants will be notified by email within 24 hours of such changes.
13.8 The judging panel’s decision is final. The Wedding Industry Awards reserves the right to change the judging panel at any time.
14. The Wedding Industry Awards shall through a judging panel as listed on the Website consider each Entry on its merits based solely on the information referred to in the relevant Entry. All Entries shall be considered in accordance with these terms and conditions and. In the course of judging an Entry any judge may request further information about the Entry from the person named as the contact for the Entry submitted. Failure to supply the information requested will result in the disqualification of the Entry from the Awards and the Entry Fee will be forfeited.
15. Judging for the regional awards will take place in November 2013. Judging for the national awards will take place in December 2013 or as otherwise decided by the Awards.
16. The Wedding Industry Awards’ decisions relating to short-listing and granting of awards in the course of judging the Awards is final and The Wedding Industry Awards will not enter into any correspondence or discussion with any Entrants on any subject nor will The Wedding Industry Awards accept any submissions or representations or appeals with regard to such decisions. The Wedding Industry Awards reserves at its sole discretion the right to disqualify Entries .
17. The Wedding Industry Awards reserves the right to change the members of the judging panel at any time. The judging panel’s decision is final and cannot be appealed or contested.
18. External contact with any member of the awards judging panel relating to the judging process, or its outcome, or any attempt to influence any member of the judging panel will result in immediate disqualification from the awards.
19. THE WEDDING INDUSTRY AWARDS and all its Intellectual Property remains the sole copyright of 23 Events Ltd. These rights will be enforced under the jurisdiction of English Law and all claims will be pursued as appropriate.
20. These terms and conditions shall be governed in all respects by the laws of England and Wales, and both parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
21. Winners will be allowed to refer to the fact that they are winners and use the appropriate The Wedding Industry Awards logo in their own publicity materials for a period of 3 years from the date on which they receive the award.
Use of your data
1. By disclosing personal information to us, you agree that we may obtain, hold and use any personal information you submit to us for the purposes of processing your entry and administering the Awards and if you indicate your acceptance during the entry process (for example, by appropriately marking the relevant box(es) provided) for marketing other products and services to you.
1. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
1.1 The Wedding Industry Awards collects the following information about you when you use this Website:
1.1.1 Information that you provide. We may collect personal information (for example your name and contact details)
1.1.2 Information collected by us as you use the Website. The Wedding Industry Awards collects and stores information transmitted by your computer when you use the Website. This may include your IP address, browser data and information we receive from cookies (please see section 5 below).
1.2 We may use this information in the following ways:
1.2.1 to process your registration to use the Website and/or to receive our newsletter;
1.2.2 to identify you and authenticate your use when you visit the Website;
1.2.3 to provide our service(s) to you as a user of the Website, including enhancing your user experience;
1.2.4 to provide you with newsletters and other information about features of the Website which we think may be of interest to you and for related marketing purposes, if you have submitted your contact details to us for these purposes or otherwise provided your consent for us to do so;
1.2.5 for marketing third party products and services to you, if you have provided your consent for us to do so;
1.2.6 to allow you to participate in interactive features of the Website (when available) when you choose to do so;
1.2.7 to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
1.2.8 to notify you about changes to our service and/or the Website; and
1.2.9 to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer the Website (together the “Purposes”).
2. YOUR CONSENT
2.1 By using the Website and submitting information, you consent to:
2.1.1 the collection and use of your personal information by us as described in section 1 above;
2.1.2 the sharing of your data with third parties strictly in accordance with section 3 below; and
2.1.3 in the event that we should need to do so, the transfer of your personal information to countries outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
3. INFORMATION DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES
3.1 We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances only:
3.1.1 for marketing purposes provided always that you consent to us sharing such data with third parties by notifying us via the Website or in other communications (e.g. by ticking or unticking the relevant box(es) on the Website at the point of registration);
3.1.2 to service providers who manage aspects of our operations (for example third parties who provide technical services to the Website) in connection with the Purposes;
3.1.3 if The Wedding Industry Awards or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about users of the Website will be one of the transferred assets; or
3.1.4 if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Website Terms and Conditions of Use and other agreements.
4. YOUR RIGHTS – MARKETING
4.1 You will only receive marketing communications from us and/or third parties if you have consented to this when you provided your contact details to us (or if you have otherwise submitted your consent to us for that purpose).
4.2 You have the right to ask us not to use your personal data for marketing purposes. You can request that you stop receiving information from us at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
5. IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
5.1 We may collect information about your computer including your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration and to report aggregated information. This is statistical data about your browsing actions and patterns and does not identify you individually.
6. DATA STORAGE
6.1 All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password or other data which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password and any other identifier confidential and we strongly recommend that you do not share your password or other identifier with anyone.
6.3 Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we use strict procedures and security features to try and prevent unauthorised access. Agents or contractors who in the course of providing services to The Wedding Industry Awards have access to information which you give to us are required to keep that information secure and confidential and are not permitted to use it for any purpose other than to carry out the services which they are performing for The Wedding Industry Awards.
8. INFORMATION ACCESS
You have a right to access information held about you and you can do this by emailing email@example.com. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. You can also request us to correct any factual inaccuracies in that information or delete any of that information from our records.
THE WEDDING INDUSTRY AWARDS TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
www.the-wedding-industry-awards.co.uk (the “Website”) is owned and operated by 23 Events Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales with registered number 7526915 whose registered office is at 32 Dragon Street, Petersfield, GU31 4JJ.
The terms “we”, “our” and “us” when used in these Terms means The Wedding Industry Awards (23 Events Ltd). The terms “you” and “your” when used in these Terms means you as a user of the Website.
1. USE OF THE WEBSITE
1.1 Please read the following terms and conditions (the “Terms”) carefully before using the Website. These Terms form the agreement between you and us and govern your use of the Website.
1.2 The Website is provided for information, education and communication. By using the Website, you signify your agreement to be bound by these Terms. If you do not agree to accept these Terms, you should not use the Website.
1.3 We reserve the right to change these Terms at any time, in which case the amended Terms will be posted on the Website and will apply from the date posted. You are advised to review the Terms regularly to ensure that you are aware of any changes. Your continued use of the Website after such changes are posted will be deemed agreement on your part to these Terms, as amended.
1.4 You agree to use the Website only in a manner which complies with all applicable laws and regulations and which is consistent with these Terms. You will not infringe the rights of anyone else, nor restrict or inhibit their use and enjoyment of the Website (including, without limitation, by hacking).
2. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
2.1 You acknowledge that all copyright, trade marks, database rights and all intellectual property rights in the Website and all photographs, designs, images, text, software, data, audio, video and any other material in the Website or material generated by or transmitted from this Website (“The Wedding Industry Awards Material”) are owned by us or our licensors. Except as specifically provided in clause 2.2, no part of this Website may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed, in any form.
2.2 You are granted a limited licence to access and use the The Wedding Industry Awards Material for informational purposes only. This licence includes the right to download and print one copy of any portion of the The Wedding Industry Awards Material to which you have properly gained access. Except as set out in this clause 2.2, no part of the The Wedding Industry Awards Material may be reproduced or stored in any other website or included in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service without The Wedding Industry Awards’s prior written permission.
2.3 The Wedding Industry Awards name and logo are trade marks of 23 Events Ltd. No permission is granted by us in respect of the use of any such trade marks, names or logos which appear on this Website other than as expressly set out in clause 2.2 above.
2.4 The rights under clause 2.2 are not transferable and no other use of The Wedding Industry Awards Material may be made without first obtaining our written permission. In particular, you must not do the following without our prior written permission:
2.4.1 Incorporate The Wedding Industry Awards Material in any other work, broadcast or publication, whether in hard copy or electronic form;
2.4.2 Make any commercial use or publish The Wedding Industry Awards Material; or
2.4.3 Perform, broadcast or otherwise transmit, post, share or make available to the public The Wedding Industry Awards Material.
2.5 Under no circumstances shall the use of this Website grant to any user any interest in the Website, The Wedding Industry Awards Material or in any intellectual property rights of The Wedding Industry Awards whatsoever.
3. INFORMATION ON THE WEBSITE
3.1 Whilst we reserve the right to change the content of the Website at any time, The Wedding Industry Awards Material may be out of date from time to time and we are under no obligation to update such material.
3.2 We make no representation that the Website or The Wedding Industry Awards Material is appropriate for use or available outside of the UK. If you access the Website from outside of the UK, you are solely responsible for compliance with any applicable local law or practice.
4. USER CONTRIBUTIONS
4.1 Any communications and/or other material which we receive from you (including without limitation by email and any material that you submit via this Website) (“User Material”) will be deemed non-confidential and non-proprietary and we reserve the right to use User Material on this Website, any other website operated by us and in our offline publications where we consider this appropriate. You hereby grant to us a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sub-licensable right and licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, edit, and publish such User Material on this Website, any other website operated by us and in our offline publications and for all other commercial and non-commercial purposes related to our work. If you do not wish to grant such rights to The Wedding Industry Awards, then please do not submit any User Material to us.
4.2 By submitting any User Material, you:
4.2.1 warrant that such User Material is your own original work and that you are fully entitled to make it available to us for all the purposes specified above; and
4.2.2 agree to waive any moral rights in your User Material.
4.3 Under no circumstances should you submit any User Material:
4.3.1 that is knowingly false or misleading;
4.3.2 that is defamatory, illegal, abusive, vulgar, obscene, inflammatory, of a racist, sexist or other discriminatory nature, in breach of confidence or privacy or which is otherwise unlawful or offensive, or which might reasonably cause offence to any person or damage the reputation of The Wedding Industry Awards. You must not use any abusive or aggressive language, swear, threaten, harass or abuse any other person, including other users;
4.3.3 which you do not own or for which you have not obtained all necessary licences or approvals;
4.3.4 which is technically harmful including, without limitation, computer viruses, Trojan horses, worms, corrupted data, malicious software or harmful data
4.3.5 Impersonating any person or entity or falsely stating or otherwise misrepresenting your affiliation with any person or entity.
4.4 Any User Material submitted to us is submitted on the basis that we may review and edit such User Material prior to publication. We reserve the right to remove any User Material or part thereof published on the Website at any time and for any reason at our absolute discretion without notification to you.
4.5 You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless The Wedding Industry Awards and its directors, officers and employees, from and against all liabilities, claims, demands, expenses and costs arising out of your submission of User Material which breach these Terms.;
5.1 From time to time, this Website may contain links to other websites which we consider may be of interest or helpful to you. These links are provided for your convenience only and The Wedding Industry Awards has no control over nor is in any way responsible for the content or availability of such websites. The Wedding Industry Awards therefore does not endorse or make any representations about them, or any material found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to the Website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
5.2 You may not link to this Website from any other website without our prior written permission. Permission for such linking may be requested by sending your name, address, website URL and details of the nature of the website to info@the-wedding industry-awards.co.uk.
6. ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE
6.1 You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Website.
6.2 Access to the Website is permitted on a temporary basis. We reserve the right to terminate your access to the Website or any part of it, without notice, for any reason (including without limitation any breach of these Terms). From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our Website or to our entire Website.
6.3 While The Wedding Industry Awards endeavours to ensure that the Website is normally available 24 hours a day, The Wedding Industry Awards shall not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
8. MISUSE OF THE WEBSITE
8.1 You must not alter, add to, delete, remove or tamper with this Website or any part of it or indirectly disrupt or interfere (or attempt to disrupt or interfere) with or alter this Website. You must not misuse this Website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to this Website, the server on which this Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to this Website.
8.2 You must not access the Website for unlawful use, including use which would constitute a criminal offence under English law. You hereby agree to on demand indemnify and keep indemnified The Wedding Industry Awards for any costs, claims, liabilities, fines, expenses, demands, proceedings and losses whatsoever made against or incurred by The Wedding Industry Awards as a direct or indirect result of your breach of this clause 8.2.
8.3 We will not be liable for any loss, disruption or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it. We recommend that you take measures to protect the security of your computer including installing anti-virus software on to your computer.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
9.1 This Website and The Wedding Industry Awards Material are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis and to the fullest extent permissible by law. The Wedding Industry Awards makes no warranties of any kind (whether express or implied) that the Website will meet particular requirements, or be available, accessible, uninterrupted, timely, secure or operate without error or that it will be free from viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other harmful elements. No content or information obtained by you from the Website, whether written or oral, will create any warranty or other obligation not expressly stated in these Terms.
9.2 Nothing in these Terms shall exclude or restrict any liability for death or personal injury arising from the negligence of The Wedding Industry Awards or for any liability which cannot be excluded or limited by law.
9.3 Subject to Clause 9.2, you agree that we will not be liable for:
9.3.1 Any loss, disruption or damage to your data or your computer system; or
9.3.2 Any other loss or damages whatsoever (including but not limited to, loss of profit or loss of use, direct, indirect or incidental loss) arising from your use or inability to use our Website, The Wedding Industry Awards information or any link to another website and whether such loss or damage arises in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise.
10. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
10.1 These Terms and your use of the Website shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England. By using the Website, you accept that any dispute under these Terms or arising out of the use of the Website (including non-contractual claims or disputes) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts to which you submit.
10.2 You are responsible for complying with any applicable laws of the country from which you are accessing the Website.
12.1 If for any reason any part of these Terms is deemed to be unenforceable, then this part of the Terms will be severed and this will not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining terms.
12.2 Any waiver by The Wedding Industry Awards of a breach of any provision of these Terms shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any subsequent breach of any provision.
13. Further information on these Terms or any queries on them can be obtained 23 Events Ltd at: 32 Dragon Street, Petersfield, GU31 4JJ.